Bovine Veterinary Care
El Campo Animal Hospital staff has extensive knowledge and practical experience in the veterinary management of cattle. We practice all aspects of ambulatory bovine medicine, and our doctors strive to provide high-quality health care to meet the needs of our farming and ranching community.
Our ambulatory bovine veterinary services include:
- Full-Service Ambulatory Care - Vaccination programs, internal and external parasite control and deworming, and trichomoniasis testing.
- Reproductive - We offer bull fertility testing, pregnancy assessment examinations, and calving assistance services.
- Diagnostics - We offer in-house bloodwork to test your herd for blood-borne diseases and infectious illnesses.
- Nutrition - Get veterinary advice nutrition and diet requirements to improve growth, reproduction, and overall production.
Maintaining a healthy herd requires consistent and effective diagnosis and treatment to prevent livestock disease. At El Campo Animal Hospital, we partner with you on preventive care basics and offer advanced strategies to combat infections and illness.
As members of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), American Association of Bovine Practitioners, and the Texas Veterinary Medical Association (TVMA), the El Campo Animal Hospital team understands the evolving science of herd health and can provide in-depth guidance on the medical needs of your livestock.
A large herd is a significant investment that needs systematic care. Our doctors offer bull fertility testing, pregnancy assessment examinations, and calving assistance services.
El Campo Animal Hospital offers a full line of bovine vaccines and other products to keep your herd healthy:
- Clostridial diseases (Blackleg) — Ultra Choice® 8, Ultra Bac® 8, Cavalry® 9
- Respiratory diseases — Virashield™ 6, Vira Shield™ 6+VL5, ViraShield™ 6+VL5HB, Triangle™ 10 HB, Triangle™ 4+PHK, Pyramid® 5 + Prespnse® SQ
- Internal parasite prevention — Valbazen®, Eprinex®, Cydectin®, Ivermax®, Long Range®, Safe Guard®
- External parasite prevention — Eprinex®, Ivermax®, Permectrin™ CDS, Patriot™ fly tags
- Component® E-C implants with Tylan®